Sunday 16 December 2012

Christmas is Coming ..


Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat 
Please put a penny in the old man's hat 
If you haven't got a penny, a ha'penny will do 
If you haven't got a ha'penny, then God bless you!
 
 
Goose pencil sketch by Jennifer Tetlow

I still love this rhyme - we sang it when we were young - not really understanding it fully - but laughing when we couldn't keep the rounds going, and having to start over again, and again ...

Now I get plenty jokes about my geese getting fat, and them being 'Christmas Birds'!  They're not of course, and I reassure them regularly.  (Although they are a bit plump!)

They are the subjects of many of my pencil sketches, and this year I worked with Southfield Stationers to create a set of Notebooks.  Southfield have been a lovely company to work with, efficiency itself, informative and helpful - they made the whole process very straightforward and easy (thankyou Anna).  The Geese Notebooks arrived in time for the Country Living Christmas Fair, and I'm glad to say the geese made a bit of a hit!
 
Goose Notebook 

The Notebooks have a printed cover featuring one of my geese illustrations on the front with an enlarged view on the back.  Four different drawings have been used, with my geese in different poses! They are a high quality spiral bound notebook measuring 6" square and include 38 paper pages alternating between plain and ruled. Perfect for sketching, journaling, notes and scribbles.

Goose Notebooks

I have one or two left, which are available in my shop, to buy singly or as a set of four.  I'm just packing some up this morning for orders, ready for posting tomorrow.  I've had lots of requests for the Hare sketch to be made into a Notebook too, so there will be more Geese Notebooks arriving, and new Notebooks in the New Year.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...