Sunday 10 April 2011

Jewel Mix

I received these seeds in the post, they've come courtesy of the wonderful and very helpful VP at Veg Plotting.  I feel rather reluctant to plant them as they are so beautiful, like little sculptures, except that they turn out to be even more stunning when you do.


These semi-double bloom nasturtium seeds were offered by VP who very kindly forwarded a packet to me for my new vegetable garden.  Thankyou indeed!

I read on the packet that for very best results they should grow on poor soil!  I will have to find a special place for them as all my beds are now well manured.  I'm also advised to plant straight outdoors, so they won't even get to christen my now completed greenhouse. 

I keep being distracted and going out  to admire it, going in and closing the door, planning where everything will go.  Can't wait to get things growing in there.  Beginning to feel more like a gardener than a sculptor!


















3 comments:

  1. oh, I love nasturtiums and I never think to plant them. It's already too late here. I could put some zinnias in though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the seeds lined up - I must remember to stop and look at seeds more closely in the future and admire them for their own sake :)

    So glad your seeds arrived safely - I can see they'll be well taken care of :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It won't be long until your greenhouse is full to bursting with seedlings, it doesn't take long until you run out of space.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...