Thursday 14 July 2011

Long Days!

I knew they were, but I'm feeling the effects!  The show opens at 7.30 am and closes at 7.30 pm and I've been driving in each day, quite an exhilerating change of routine, but I'm creaking a bit!

Today is the last day and it will be lovely to catch up with everything in my normal routine - the geese are complaining about their quick breakfasts and late suppers!  And I'm missing everyone's blogs too!

This is Leveret - a new piece I have at the show - carved in a very course, gritty sandstone.

There are so many young hares on the lanes at the moment, dashing and darting for their routes back into the fields, some of which are now cut for hay.  They zig-zag unpredictably, so wild and alive, startled and pristine.

This one seems a little shy though.

I've managed to visit one or two stands at the show - will tell you all about them when I'm back home and recovered!

4 comments:

  1. You have captured that nibbling of fine fur so beautifully!

    I hope that the Show has gone well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one! How big is it? (and how heavy?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both - Ellen it is about 15" x 14" x 10" - not sure about the weight, will pop him on the scales and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so what does something like that go for and how much would the shipping be overseas and would you consider trading maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...