Friday 11 January 2013

Snowdrops

Ahead of them actually pushing their way up through the earth in my garden here - I yearned for the fragile beauty of snowdrops in a vase, or pot to lift the spirits and brighten the window sill.


Spurred on by an article in the Landscape Magazine this month, I decided to have a go at making paper snowdrops.  The fragile beauty of snowdrops can be simply re-created with crepe paper.  With a length of wire for the stems and a bit of crafty fiddling, the little blooms begin to look quite realistic!


I'm just a beginner, have a look at the ones featured, they look just like the delicate drooped flowers themselves.  Here are the full instructions for making them - Making Paper Snowdrops.    Happy crafting!



2 comments:

  1. Clever you.... my snowdrops in the garden are just peeking through. I love your little jump ahead idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I'd better stop, have bowls full now, but I'm getting better at the bend in the wire for the drooping flower!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...