Tuesday 20 March 2012

Spring Day

What a beautiful marking for Spring Equinox, sun gleaming, light fresh breeze and birds singing.  I worked outside all day, and it felt like the bobbing blossoms and buds were dancing in celebration. 

via Pictures of Flowers

To make the day extra special, I heard for the first time this year, the cheery chirruping of a Pied Wagtail and its little running steps on the tin roof of my sheds.  Back and forth catching flies, fluttering and singing joyfully.  There were two, hopefully a pair come back to nest.  I watched their antics.  I love the Wagtails making their home at my workshop and I'm full of happiness to see them back.

Pied Wagtail - pencil sketch Jennifer Tetlow

2 comments:

  1. your work is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much - really it is so wonderful to me to have a comment like this, it is much appreciated and I'm delighted that you think so!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...