Thursday 22 March 2012

Big Moth in the Garden

This morning is so lovely I've had my morning cup of tea in the garden.  I love to spend a few moments wandering round, mug in hand, checking on growth, my seedlings, saying hello to birds and absorbing the loveliness - it is a favourite indulgence (though of course it does also include working through ideas and planning projects!).



Whilst pottering, I spotted this huge moth - wings open wide as if basking in the sunlight - at least eight inches across I crept closer to have a proper look.   I wondered what on earth it could be and was desparate that it didn't fly away before I could see it close-up.  

It turned out to be a flaky strip of peeling  paint from something rusty - it convinced me!  And I'm still marvelling at the beautiful pattern and colours.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I love the rich lava waves running through it :) Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! The colour ripples through are incredible and such vivid rusty hues. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't real.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...