Friday 8 July 2011

Great Yorkshire Show

Just in time I've got a special planter made for the show!  I felt it had to be in keeping - a Yorkshire Rose to celebrate Yorkshireness, at the Great Yorkshire Show - the planter is in the best stone I could find, Yorkshire Sandstone and made in Yorkshire.

I'm exhibiting in the Art Pavillion, where there will be some of my sculpture too, located just about in the middle of the showground, with other artists all selected as Yorkshire's Best!  All working in and inspired by Yorkshire.  I thought I would introduce you to them, some of whom will be demonstrating how they create their art during the show.

Painter Les Packham, creative glass artist Caryl Hallet, self-taught painter Heather Simone, painter Ian Layton, ceramicist Jill Ford, sculptor Joel Walker, painter Rayford James Holroyd, painter Robert Brindley, and metal sculptor Steve Blaylock.  Also joining us are painters Richard Keeton, Mike Hendy, David Allen and Bruce Mulcahy.

Do hope I get a bit of time to look round the show!

3 comments:

  1. congratulations on your selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer, finally should be able to catch up with you and get to see some of your lovely work - I'm at the show on Tuesday - visitor status only, but it is many years since I last went to the show so really looking forward to it. See you there hopefully !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time looking round the show! Hope to see you at some stage on Tuesday, and hear all your news.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...