Wednesday 5 October 2011

Betty's Brunch

A very good customer of mine, Jill Atkinson, came this morning to pick up a Birdbath that I had made for her, she had driven from Harrogate on one of her rare times away from her busy work schedule running two beautiful shops by the name The Olive Branch.  One of the shops is in the village of Addingham, near Ilkley in Yorkshire and the second was opened in Easingwold on the edge of the Hambleton Hills.  Both of the shops have a lovely history, but I'll let her tell you the stories at The Olive Branch, or pop in to see her if you're in the area.

Anyway, Jill came bearing gifts in a lovely brown bag.

And the bag had in it beautifully wrapped goodies.

A special bag for a huge Fat Rascal and a box with bow for cream cakes.

Outside the wind blows fallen leaves and dust around and I'm cosy in my workshed with tea and special, scrumptuous edibles from Betty's in Harrogate.  What a luxury brunch!


Betty's is such an institution - a 'must go to' venue when in Harrogate and I remember being taken there as a child by my mother and staring into the large glass display counter at chocolate and fine baking and being asked to hurry up in my choice of cake.

What a lovely surprise, and what a treat to have Betty's brought to me - thankyou Jill - hope you got home safely with your stone cargo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...