Friday 13 April 2012

Zig or Zag?

Or zig-zag?  These aren't terms for stone carving techniques, or the tools I use, but the names I'm pondering for one of the little mini sundials I made.  This design  is one very close to me every day, as it makes up the edging on the table I use to sit my computer and printer on in my office.  It makes a bold border and I have thought for a while it would look striking in stone. 

So here it is carved round the top of my latest small sundial in Yorkstone.  I'd quite like to experiment with it now in a curved line.

Or perhaps ziggy-zaggy Sundial?

Yorkstone Sundial - 6" x 6" x 7" by Jennifer Tetlow

The source of inspiration - my office table

Ziggy Zaggy Sundial in Yorkstone by Jennifer Tetlow

1 comment:

  1. I love the these pieces and the way you did the comparison photo examples. Very nIce.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...