Sunday 9 December 2012

Christmas Fairs

Have you been to any?  There seem to be lots this year - I've been to my local one in Lastingham Village Hall, and it made me feel quite festive - and last week I was at the Country Living Christmas Fair in Harrogate - not visiting, but I had a stand there.

A very exciting time, nerve-wracking and exhausting, but still very exciting.  I loved building up my stand, and trying to show all my stonework off to good effect.   It was busy, lots of visitors giving my sculpture lots of attention, new customers and orders for Christmas presents.  I made items specially for the Fair, which proved a big success as gifts for gardeners, or green fingered friends.


This is my sign for my stand, of my logo, which I felt should be in stone.  I had to make a special bracket for it as it was too heavy to be screwed to the stand panels!  I was rather pleased - the Jennifer Tetlow Stone Sculpture part I stencilled onto the wall in order to avoid having to reinforce further!

The sign was made in Sandstone, with incised lettercutting for the letters and border and then the grey stone in the middle is Soapstone, which I inset and then polished the surface flat with the Sandstone, giving a smart overall effect.

Wished there had been more time to look round at everyone else properly, there were lots of beautifully hand-crafted and very individual gifts, cleverly made - lots of talent and inspiration!

Here is a link to the exhibitor list, which will be very useful if  you're struggling with ideas for Christmas presents - and in any case lovely to browse!


Long Tailed Bird Decoration in Sandstone - by Jennifer Tetlow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...