Tuesday 17 July 2012

Preview Night - Ryedale Open Exhibition

I felt very excited arriving at the Milton Rooms for the preview of the Ryedale Open Exhibition and scanned around quickly for Brandon's piece.  


The organisers had done a very good job in setting up the exhibition and the plinths for ceramics and sculpture were all painted black, in fact the whole exhibition appeared dark background, so the works of art just leapt out, and they were what you saw in their glory.  

I felt very proud too, and emotional when I spotted the Fish.  I got told off (by the official photographer for the event) for taking pictures, so only managed this one.



Then had a good look round and was so taken by a little ceramic sculpture - English Bull Terrier, by Hester Salt, that I made a purchase!  Alby is sitting on my computer as I type and giving me great pleasure - I adore this beautifully sculpted piece of white clay.



The exhibition was a wonderful mix of artwork from the area - great to see.  A couple of others I particularly liked were Foal Drawing by Andrea Bailey and some masterful watercolours The Brown Rooster, The Pheasant and The Old Rooster by Vivien Wilton-Middlemass.  Look forward to next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...